Our company is powered by people diversity and thought diversity. We want applications from all kinds of people and are committed to building a team that has diverse characteristics, backgrounds, skills and personalities.
We want our team members to have happy, healthy, and fulfilled lives outside of work. As a highly creative and innovative business, we’re very open to doing things a bit differently. We are happy to consider anyone looking for flexible working, including part-time working, compressed hours and/or a job share.
There will be plenty of opportunity to learn and grow in your job role and we’re committed to providing the necessary training and support to help you develop and reach your full potential, regardless of your background.
COUCH Health are a Global Creative Health Engagement agency focussed on diversity and inclusion in research and operate a number of projects for pharmaceutical clients. We are currently seeking a Part Time Finance Assistant for an immediate start. We require 12-15 hours per week to assist with establishing new finance processes in a dynamic business.
The role, based in Manchester, will report directly to the CFO and provide support to the rest of the organisation. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work around school hours or other commitments, and we will be flexible for the right candidate.
The key responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited) to the following tasks:
- Manage the payables email inbox and be the first point of contact for all inbound queries.
- Process invoices into the accounting system (Xero) and CMap (COUCH project management software) and maintain the accuracy of the supplier ledger.
- Match invoices with purchase orders as required.
- Gather appropriate approval for all invoices.
- Investigate all purchase ledger queries.
- Reconcile monthly supplier statements.
- Organise payment runs and liaise with the Directors for approval.
- Reconcile the company credit card monthly and ensure accurate posting to the accounting system.
- Efficiently file invoices.
- Work with the team to develop new finance procedures for the management of costs of their various projects.
- Process company cash expenses
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Support the COUCH Health leadership team with the provision of ad-hoc reports from Xero.
- Any other duties, as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have previous experience with a similar role in a Finance department.
- Confidence in your ability to work accurately and independently on tasks.
- Enjoy a challenge and problem solving – being able to resolve issues, and chase for further information as required.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Have the ability to prioritise work.
- Be flexible and solutions focussed on your approach to work.
- Strong communication skills
- Happy to maintain total confidentiality.
- Willing to learn.
- A legal right to work in the UK.
To be effective in this role the Finance Assistant will need to:
- Build good working relationship with all colleagues and suppliers.
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
- Work closely with the business owners and Directors to help establish new procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all other departments.
To be successful in this role the candidate should:
- Have at least 1-year Accounts payable experience
- Previous experience of Xero is preferred, but not essential.
- Have a high standard of numeracy.
- Be computer literate.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- £22,500 – £25,000 full-time equivalent
- Work between 12-15 hours per week
- Office hours are 9.00 – 5.30 on Monday to Fridays (no weekends)
- Flexibility offered as to how the candidate allocates their time. Preference for it be spread over 3+ days of the week.
- Hybrid working – expected that a portion of your time would be office based.
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata.
- Access to health cash plan after successful completion of probation.